1914 : in Bedford. Part of the Eastern Mounted Brigade.
1915 : moved to France.
June 1915: attached to 9th Cavalry Brigade, 1st Cavalry
1918 : left Brigade, became a Cyclist unit, then a machine-gun
battalion with the Essex Yeomanry. Remounted, and returned
briefly to 1st Cavalry Division. Split up, one squadron
going to each of the 8th,15th and 19th Hussars.
September 1914, and remained in UK throughout the war.
1915 : attached to 61st (South Midland) Division
1916 : left Division
1916 : attached to 16th Mounted Brigade, 4th Mounted Division.
For a period late 1916-March 1917, the Squadrons were split
and attached to other units (A to 57th Division; B to 66th;
C to 68th).
1917 : attached to 1st Mounted Division (C Squadron attached
to 71st Division)
1917 : absorbed into 1st Reserve Cavalry Regiment
in 1915. Remained in United Kingdom until July 1917, when
absorbed into 1st Reserve Cavalry Regiment.