War 1 & 2 - Detailed Information
Compiled & Copyright Martin Edwards 2008
The Crookham Village war memorial was unveiled on 10th October 1920.
It stands on the crossroads of Gables Road and HGalley Hill Road. It
takes the form of a wheeled cross mounted on a tapering shaft and plinth
atop a square base. A sword is carved on the front face of the cross
and notches cut into the edges of the shaft and the wheel of the cross.
The architect was C Geoffrey Holme and the masons S Mardles and Sons.
an old postcard
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
IN MEMORY OF THE MEN OF THIS PARISH
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THEIR KING &
COUNTRY IN THE GREAT WAR
THEIR NAMES ARE INSCRIBED IN THE CHURCH &
IN GRATITUDE FOR THE LIVES OF THOSE
WHO WERE SPARED
29 March, 2008