main Blackpool war memorial is to be found on Princes Parade, Blackpool,
on the central promenade and takes the form of an granite obelisk with
large rectangular, figurative relief, panels. The memorial was dedicated,
and unveiled by Brigadier General T E Topping, on 10th November 1923.
The architect was Ernest Prestwich, the builders H A Clegg & Sons,
the sculptor Gilbert Ledward and the masons Messrs Kirkpatrick.
taken from old postcards
LEST WE FORGET
THEIR NAME LIVETH FOR EVERMORE