Lest We Forget
The memorial stands in the centre of Kettering surrounded by the one-way system just up from the old Market, fixed to an external wall of the Art Gallery, adjacent to the cenotaph outside the Alfred East Art Gallery in Manor House Gardens, Sheep Street, Kettering. It was first unveiled in 1921. The World War 1 memorial takes the form of large, wall mounted, incised tablets set into the wall outside the Art Gallery. There are 835 names for World War 1. The World War 2 memorial takes the form of further large, wall mounted, incised tablets set into the wall outside the Art Gallery. The cemetery holds a further memorial, and graves, and is bounded by Linden Avenue to the east, St Mary's Road to the south, London Road to the west and St Peter's Avenue to the north.
The volume of names here means that the pages have had to be split into three conflict sections and then alphabetical sections. Click on the relevant link below to go to the required section. There may be some duplication in names and some ommissions mainly due to the size of the task.
Return to Kettering page
Last updated 16 June, 2018