P.& O. liner "Morea" was commissioned as a Hospital
Ship on 8th October, 1915 with accommodation for 750 patients.
She served in that role until 28th March 1916, after which she
was modified to fill the role of Troop Transport. In
April 1918 she was fitted with seven 6" Guns and commissioned
as HMS Morea, an Armed Merchant Cruiser, serving as such until
after the Armistice.