St David was one of 5 Military Hospital Ships which commenced service
in the first month of the War. Her sisters St Andrew and St Patrick
were also Cross Channel steamers, each adapted for 180 patients.
From 24th August to 3rd September 1914 these vessels made 9 trips
in total,from either Le Havre or Rouen,to Southampton,carrying a
total of 3,787 patients. The St David was renamed "Rosslare"
in 1932 and scrapped in 1933.
of this ship can be found LIFE
magazine (US) photo archives on-line