Bermuda was built at Clydebank by John Brown Ship Builders,
laid down on the 30th November 1939 and launched 11th September
1941 and completed on the 21st august 1942. HMS Bermuda joined
the Home Fleet once completed and stayed there until 1945 when
she went to the Pacific. She continued in service well after
the war and was finally scrapped at Briton ferry in August 1965.
cruiser: Displacement: 8,000 tons. Speed: 33kts Complement:
730. Armament: Twelve 6 inch guns in threes. Eight 4 inch anti-aircraft
guns in pairs and nine 2pdr anti-aircraft guns in pairs (one
single) as well as eight 0.5 inch machine guns in pairs. Six
21 inch torpedo tubes in threes and 3 aircraft.
15 August, 2008