Duke of Edinburgh was an Armoured Cruiser, one of two Duke
of Edinburgh class cruisers, built at Pembrokeshire Dockyard,
laid down 11th February 1903 and launched 14th June 1904.
Decommissioned 20th January 1920. transferred to the 5th Squadron
from 1908 to 1912 and rescued the survivors of the SS Delhi
in December 1911. From 1912 to 1913 she joined the 3rd Cruiser
Squadron, and from 1913 to 1914 she served with the 1st Cruiser
Squadron of the Mediterranean Fleet. She served at the Battle
of Jutland 31st May 1916 and was the only ship of the 1st
Cruiser Squadron to survive the battle.
13,550 tons, length 505 feet, beam 73½ feet, draught
26 feet, speed 23 knots, complement 790. Armament 6 x 9.2
inch guns, 10 10 x 6 inche guns and 22 x 3 pounders guns.