Sanfoin, built by Greenock & Grangemouth Dockyard, launched
10th June 1918. Sold to Ferguson Muir 15th November 1922.
Navy Sloops came back into existence soon after the outbreak
of world war one, when the Admiralty realised it required extra
ships for general service which could be used for mine sweeping,
escort duties. The Sloops were used exclusively for Mine sweeping
until 1917 when they were re-assigned for Convoy duties as well.