RMS Tagus was built in 1871 and was scrapped in 1897. The second RMS
Tagus was a passenger and cargo liner built in 1899 by Robert Napier
and Sons Ltd of Glasgow for the Royal Mail Steam Packet Company. She
operated on its routes from Southampton to the West Indies. During
the Boer War she was employed as a troopship. From 1917-1920 she was
again engaged in Government service, this time as a hospital ship.
She was sold in 1920 to Hijos de Jose Taya, Barcelona, and renamed
Prince de Viana. She was broken up in 1925.