built on the Clyde for the Allan Line (Montreal Ocean Steamship
Company) in 1891, gross tonnage 4,838, as a Royal Mail Steamer.
In 1900 she was used as a troopship by the British Amry. She
was sold to the British Admiralty in 1915. She was defensively-armed,
but on 21st July 1918, 5 miles south-east from Filey Brig, she
was torpedoed without warning and sunk by a submarine, 36 lives
15 August, 2008