FERRIBY WAR MEMORIAL
World War 1 &
2 - Detailed information
Compiled and copyright © Martin Edwards 2008
North Ferriby War Memorial is to be found in North Ferruby Humberside.
It takes the form of a two-stepped square base mounted on which is a
plinth with a taoerinf=g shaft above and a cross. The inscriptions are
to be found on the sides of the plinth and the whole memorial is in
an area surrounded by by a gravelled areas with paving stones inset
leading to the memorial. There are names listed for both the First World
War (there are at least 12 names between L-W) and Second World War.
The memorial was unveiled by Lord Nunburnholme and dedicated by the
Bishop Suffrafan of Hull on 12th June 1920 (the year may be wrong).
from old postacrds
IN MEMORY OF THE MEN FROM
THIS VILLAGE WHO MADE THE
SUPREME SACRIFICE FOR
THEIR COUNTRY IN
THE GREAT WAR
1914 - 1918
1939 - 1945
transcription of the names is still required.
4 March, 2014