and Copyright © Martin Edwards 2003
Cenotaph stands in Whitehall, London. It was erected from the design of Mr. E.
L. Lutyens, A.R.A., to the memory of "Our Glorious Dead". It stands
in the centre of the road towards the Westminster end of Whitehall. The first
wreath was laid at the Cenotaph by H.M. King on 11th November 1919. Below is a
pictorial montage taken from old postcard photographs.
29 May, 2006