Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence

Lest We Forget
British Legion
The Royal British Legion

LITTLE SNORING AIRFIELD WAR MEMORIAL

World War 2 - Detailed Information
Compiled and Copyright © Martin Edwards 2021

The Little Snoring Airfield was opened July 1943 and closed March 1953. The airfield is marked with a single commemorative stone that was unveiled by the Director General, Airfields of Britain Conservation. It takes the form of an unadorned granite marker, oblong in shape, stood vertically on concrete foundation with a polished surface on all sides and the inscription in black lettering on the side facing the road. On the rear wall of the nave of St. Andrew's Church, Little Snoring Road, Little Snoring, North Norfolk, are five rectangular wooden boards with painted gold lower-case script commemorating squadron victories and honours and awards of airfield personnel and inbetween the two pairs of boards is a framed poem dedicated to Little Snoring Airfield.

Little Snoring Airfield Amy Savage (WMR-92218)

IN MEMORY OF
LITTLE SNORING
AIRFIELD

OPENED: 07.1943
CLOSED: 03.1953

DEDICATED TO ALL UNITS
AND PERSONNEL BASED HERE

AIRFIELDS
OF BRITAIN
Conservation Trust

UNVEILED BY
KENNETH BANNERMAN
DIRECTOR GENERAL, ABCT
21.07.2018

Photographs Copyright © Peter Hunter 2016

Last updated 22 March, 2022

Friends of the War Memorials
War Memorials Trust
Main page
Commonweath War Graves Commission
Commonwealth War Graves Commission

Copyright © Roll-of-Honour.com 2002- | GDPR Cookies
Email: webmaster@roll-of-honour.com