Amand is a village in the southern part of the Department of the Pas-de-Calais,
17 kilometres east of Doullens. The British Cemetery is located on the
other side of the road from the church. The British Cemetery was begun
in April, 1916, and used by fighting units and Field Ambulances until
August, 1918 (though in 1917 it was practically closed), particularly
by the 37th and the 56th (London) Divisions. There are 221 1914-18 war
casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified.
The cemetery covers an area of 1,232 square metres and is enclosed by
a low red brick wall.
taken from the Commonwealth
War Graves Commission website]