for World War 1 & 2
Compiled and Copyright © Martin Edwards 2012
Patrington war memorial is to be found at the junction of Main Street
and Northside, Patrington. It takes the form of a square monolith with
a round pillar running down each corner, each being topped by an orb.
Each face of the memorial has a marbe tablet bearing the names of the
fallen; the whole memorial stands on a three stepped base and is surrounded
by railings. Listed for the First World War are 109 names, 88 who served
and returned and 21 who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Monies for the
memorial were raised by public subscription, the builder were Messrs.
Everingham and it was unveiled 10th November 1917 by Colonel Dwyer Hampton.
an old postacrd
ROLL OF HONOUR
REMEMBRANCE 1914 - 1919
to be transcribed
4 March, 2014